- 1 pound fresh asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 1 -2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 box dried pasta (Rotini, Farfalle, or Penne work well)
- 3 large roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 12 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained
- salt, pepper, thyme to taste
- lemon half
- freshly-grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Spread asparagus stalks in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat; roast in 400 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain.
- Cut roasted asparagus into 1-inch pieces and combine in a large bowl with cooked pasta, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and beans, tossing ingredients well; season to taste with salt, pepper and thyme and squeeze lemon half over all.
- Serve with grated cheese, if desired
Serves 4- 6